In this virulent climate, pH Balance Skincare wants you to know that we care and support you and that your health and safety are of utmost importance to us, now more than ever.
As many of our clients suffer from varying types of skincare and health challenges that can contribute to impaired immunity, we deeply understand your unique concerns.
At press time, according to Live Science, COVID-19, a new Coronavirus has been documented in 761 confirmed cases, with 27 total deaths in the U.S (23 in Washington, 2 in California and 2 in Florida) and 4,088 deaths worldwide, with the number of cases and fatalities continuing to rise.
How Coronavirus Spreads?
While the virus is mainly spread through respiratory droplets dispersed when an infected person sneezes or coughs, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention advises that “…spread might be possible before people show symptoms” as well as “contact with contaminated surfaces or objects”.
How to Prevent Coronavirus?
Consequently, the Coronavirus has put everyone on high alert and vigilant practice to protect themselves from this potentially fatal virus. The CDC naturally advises the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay at home when sick
- Remember to cover any sneeze or cough with a tissue
- Discard used tissues in the trash
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects with regular household cleaning spray or wipes
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds or uses alcohol-based hand sanitizer with >60% alcohol
- Repeat after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, eating or visiting the restroom.
- For more information and tips on prevention and treatments visit cdc.gov
Who Is Affected?
The elderly, immune-compromised people and those with underlying health conditions, such as diabetes, heart or lung disease seem to be most vulnerable to this virus. However, no one is immune. and everyone should take intelligent precautions.
Unfortunately, repeated hand-washing and use of hand-sanitizer (no longer open to debate) may cause dry skin that is raw and prone to cracking, damaging the very skin barrier that normally protects us from environmental aggressors like bacteria, viruses, and free radicals.
To prevent this potential threat to your body’s immunity, it is critical that the skincare products used will heal and restore the skin barrier and our ability to protect ourselves.
To this aim, pH Balance Skincare urges everyone to choose a non-drying, sulfate-free soap, like our Hydrating Cleanser, followed immediately by a protective moisturizer, like our Rejuvenating Daily Moisturizer every time you wash.
We know you have many skincare options and are here to be part of your health solution. Stay well!